Is it time?

So, I've been seeing my doctor once a week now. I am dilated and effaced, all that good stuff. I had a long weekend of Braxton Hicks, and went back to work as usual on Monday. By Tuesday morning, I was at work feeling very unusual. I called my doctor to see what the symptoms were a sign of, and she said it sounded like I was going into early, latent labor, and to keep an eye on it and call her back later that day. How exctiting! I called Jeff to let him know what was going on, but not to worry, I would be monitoring everything and keep him updated. Jeff works down the street from me and because he was completely unfocused at work thinking that he might be taking me to the hospital, he drove over with a stopwatch to help me time the contractions acurately. By lunch time, my body had really gone into work mode with all the contractions and I was not feeling so good. So, that was the end of my day at work... and ended up being my last day completely. I was planning on working until August 1st, but this baby seems to have other plans in mind.

That afternoon Jeff and I walked for hours and stopwatched every contraction. This lasted through the night, with them getting as close as 7 minutes apart for a few hours. By 2am I was exhausted from the day and we both finally just fell asleep, fully dressed, with our bags packed next to us ready to go.

The next morning we went to see the doctor at 8am. She said the contractions were definitely doing their job and that my stats had progressed. The other good news is, the more my body does during the early labor stage, the smoother things will go at the hospital.

So here I am, just waiting and anticipating what's next.
  • I'm still having contractions but they're not as consistent as they were on Tuesday.
  • I'm super tired and sore from everything that happened over the last 2 days.
  • I'm get exciting thinking that I'm going to meet my son sooner than planned.
  • I don't quite know what to do with myself. Being at home now just has me focusing on everything thing my body is feeling. The doctor said to just take it easy, but I feel like I need to go back to work to take my mind off everything. :)
Between my mom and sister being in Indiana right now, to the girls at work that I abruptly left on Tuesday, I'm trying to keep everyone updated with what's going on. With early labor, I guess it's normal for it to start, stop, then start again within 48 hours, leading into active labor. So I sent Jeff back to work and I'll just have to wait and see what happens over the next couple days.

I'll keep you posted... :)