10.06.2010

1 stitch, 2 stitch, slip stitch, crochet!

My sister created a monster! She sat down with me on Saturday to refresh my memory on a single stitch, half double, double, granny square... my mom originally taught us both, but I hadn't picked up my hook in years. After constantly seeing her new creations here, baby after baby, I wanted in on the crochet bug.

Three completed projects (amigurumi ghost, pot holder, baby slouch beanie-adapted from here), and two blankets in the works, since Saturday, I think I'm officially off and running with the new crochet addiction. Perfect time of year for it too... damp, drizzly days, spend quietly under a blanket on the couch with a hook and yarn during naptime and nighttime. I'm happy. And hopefully everyone who receives handmade for Christmas will be just as happy too. :)