11.24.2010

happy thanksgiving!

I'm in between baking batches of my holiday pumpkin bread,
trying hard not to lick the bowl because raw eggs are a no-no for pregnancy... but I just can't help it!

Can I tell you, I am so so thankful I'm in my second trimester. I could not have asked for more perfect timing... I'm past the nausea, and not yet into the big belly-no room for food stage. Which means tomorrow, I feast! I've been counting down the days till we spend the weekend with our families and good food. We'll be eating first dinner at Jeff's parent's house, and second dinner at my parents house. :) Not too mention cookies, chocolate, pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread...

Speaking of pumpkin bread, here's the first batch baking in the oven right now.

This is my secret recipe, passed from my mom.
This is the only secret recipe I have. Everybody needs one, right?
I haven't even given it to my mother-in-law, who asks for it every year.
But really, it's not anything too special, just special cause it's secret. :)

Wanna give it a try... just pumpkin bread, with a TON of chocolate chips and nuts.
And I go heavy on the spices, which I hand grate from the whole, fresh stuff.

Happy Thanksgiving! And happy eating. :)

“. . . And always be thankful. Let the message about Christ, in all its richness, fill your
lives. Teach and counsel each other with all the wisdom he gives. Sing psalms and hymns
and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts. And whatever you do or say, do it as a
representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father." Colossians 3:15-17